Hampshire Hosts Very Successful Foundation Coaching Award!
Westgate Badminton Centre hosted a very successful coaching course on 14th/15th August. The Foundation Course (formerly Level 1) was delivered by Level 3 coach Darren Pollard and saw 12 new coaches ‘gain their stripes’ during two days of intense training. There are plans for Hampshire to host the new Coaching Certificate Course (formerly Level 2) later in the year. Keep an eye on our website for more information.
The next ‘generation’ of coaches being put through their paces at Westgate.
Our key aims are to:
- Help and support our clubs so that they can grow and sustain a healthy membership
- Create and implement a clear plan for developing ‘grass roots’ badminton within the county
- Promote the physical, emotional and social benefits of badminton – whatever your age, whatever your level
- Help schools and local badminton clubs forge strong relationships
- Create a strong and sustainable workforce of high calibre and well qualified coaches
- Provide one of the best county coaching programmes in the country with dedicated weekly training sessions for both junior and senior squads throughout the year
- Be one of the strongest and most successful playing counties in the country
Deadline for entries 00:01 hours on Friday 24th September
Programme of Events
Friday 1st October – 7:30pm start MIXED DOUBLES BOXES
Saturday 2nd October – 1:30pm start MIXED DOUBLES K/O, LADIES’ SINGLES and MEN’S SINGLES
Sunday 3rd October – 1:30pm start LADIES’ DOUBLES and MEN’S DOUBLES
Hampshire Junior Restricted Championships 2021
Due to low number of entries in some events and due to a clash with other BE tournaments, the following changes to the schedule of the Hampshire Junior Restricted 2021 will apply:
U12 GD, BD and XD have been moved from Saturday (18 Sept) to Sunday (19 Sept)
U14 GD and XD have been moved from Saturday (11 Sept) to Sunday (12 Sept)
U16 GD and XD have been moved from Saturday (18 Sept) to Sunday (19 Sept)
U18 GD has been moved from Saturday (11 Sept) to Sunday (12 Sept)
The entry has re-opened so that you can enter any additional events. If less than 3 entries are received for one event, that event will be cancelled. Deadline for the online entries is now Sunday, 5 September.
The Hampshire Junior Restricted will take place in September over two weekends.
10-11-12 Sept: U18 and U14
18-19 Sept: U16 and U12
We expect that all our county players attend the Restricted Junior tournament.
Not a Badminton England member? Need to renew a current membership?
Please make sure you have a current BE membership (‘Compete Player’) or you will NOT be able to enter this event online!
In proud association with